Write for Us
Webfirm is a Melbourne-based digital agency that publishes informative, thought-provoking content that aims to educate readers on all things relating to digital marketing and web design.
We’re also a pretty social bunch, and happily accept guest submissions from other likeminded writers and digital marketing professionals. If you’re interested in writing for us, please read our guidelines below and submit your article via the submission form below.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for well-researched content that’s relatable and contains actionable tips. We also love a bit of humour and a more conversational tone. We don’t publish any content that’s stuffy and dry or loaded with jargon.
Some things we absolutely love:
- Social media, Facebook marketing, LinkedIn advertising, you name it, we want to hear about it
- Anything digital marketing related (as long as it’s relevant to an Australian audience). We’re talking Google AdWords, conversion rate optimisation, content marketing, local search, and even analytics
- Anything new and exciting in the world of Google. If there was a recent update, we want to hear about it
- All things to do with responsive web design, web hosting, and even content management systems
For a better idea of the type of content we do publish, please visit our blog and review some of our past work before you hit submit.
Guest Blog Submission Guidelines
- Articles must be written for an Australian audience and targeted primarily at business owners
- Any articles that are ‘spammy’ and self-promotional will NOT be published
- Article content should contain some personality
- Articles need to be a minimum of 500 words, however, we do prefer content that’s more in the 800-1,000 word range
- All content should be written using British/Australian English (not American English)
- All content should be written in the third person
- Please try to write catchy, snappy headings, and if possible, include a keyword
- We will not publish any written content that has been previously published elsewhere. However, we will consider any infographics that have already been posted elsewhere
- When quoting other sources or referencing any research or data, please link back to your original source and provide the full hyperlinks at the end of your article
- Please do not keyword stuff, we want any keyword usage to flow naturally with the text
- Please submit web-friendly content, with things like sub-headings dot points, short paragraphs and any relevant graphics
- If you provide any images or graphics with your text, please ensure that they are available for commercial re-use
- If your blog is published on Webfirm.com, please share it across your own social networks
If your content is selected for submission, we will provide an author bio at the bottom of the blog. For us to compile this, please provide the following:
- Your full name
- A brief author bio (up to 75 words)
- A headshot (preferably in a professional setting)
- A hyperlink to your businesses home page or your own personal website
Editing Your Guest Blog Submissions
A member of our in-house content team will professionally edit any content that is accepted for publishing. These changes will be communicated to you, and nothing will be published until we receive approval from you to go ahead.
Rejected Guest Submissions
Submitting your content to us is not a guarantee that it will be accepted for publishing. We reserve the right to refuse any content on the following grounds:
- It’s self-promotional
- It does not meet our above-listed guidelines
- The information provided is inaccurate or falsified
- It is poorly written with excessive grammatical errors
How to Get Started
Please start by filling out the enquiry form below, detailing who you are, where you’re from and what you propose to write. Offering multiple blog ideas is welcomed.